Equus Workforce Solutions
Careers advisers provide guidance about career choice, employment, training and further education opportunities to clients, including young people and the unemployed.
• Continue a strong partnership with SBS/Workforce 1 partners that serve all boroughs.
• Prepare Jobs Plus members from Staten Island dislocated from jobs helping them with identifying and showcasing their transferable skills acquired during the work at those on demand industries pre COVID-19 to opportunities in a new market.
• Use of Assessment tool post completion of college using Traitify/ Career pathways coaching and discussion upon completion of the degree, vocational, HSD.
• Use job mapping and other tools that will assist the member in matching skills and education to a job opportunity.
• Use of LinkedIn learning tools for post undergrad completion for videos and courses on next steps after college, professional and personal development. Assessing soft skills and technical or hard skills being required by an employer for specific positions that match the members degree and skills.
• Establish a pipeline of employers who hire members with college degrees, i.e., 1199 SEIU (we will expand the relationship from Staten Island.
• Establish a pipeline of employers who will hire members who match job opportunities.
• Using Labor market information and leveraging on strong community relationships that include partners and employers who have programs or job opportunities in Staten Island.
• Attend Staten Island Chamber of Commerce meetings and network with members who are business owners seeking to fill positions.
• Work with our network of partners i.e., SIEDC that offers positions on Staten Island that require higher education degrees and specific labor industrial skills. That includes technology jobs and other jobs in the industrial or manufacturing field.
• Establish job orders with employers on Staten Island and across the city to refer JobsPlus members.
• Work with Project Director to create and develop a prospecting plan of industries and job orders that will fulfill placement contract expectations. pipeline will be developed to include borough or NYC employers that pay higher wages and offer opportunities for this pipeline of candidates. The plan will include employers and positions available each quarter.
• Develop and connect members to paid internships that will include on the job experience that will lead to permanent employment. During the internships we will follow up with the member and the employer and support the member during their time. Communicate with the employer and support communicate concerns about the member.
• Using our EQUUS corporate business relationships in these communities, create a plan and pre-screen and prepare members with a college degree and match them to the internships available.
• Help members interview and find work post COVID-19 challenges to rethink job search and strategies, coaching to ensure that they are prepared and can interview via a virtual platform. Ensure that they have the skills and virtual interviewing skills and to be able to market themselves for those jobs. Connecting this pipeline of members to our LinkedIn learning courses to prepare them.
• Network building support and coaching.
• Other duties assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Three to five years in workforce development or related business support model
• Proven track record of building and maintaining business partnerships
• Strong business acumen in assuring efficient and effective operations with the proven ability to apply innovative and strategic thinking skills, proven supervisory skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
Associates Degree (Minimum) 2 years related experience
HSD with 4 years related experience
ALERT: We are aware of a scam whereby imposters are posing as employees from our company. Beware of anyone requesting financial or personal information.
We take pride in creating a best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card, driver’s license, bank information, or payment for work equipment, etc.) from you via text or email. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning our company, please contact us at TalentAcquisition@brightspringhealth.com.
Click here for additional FAQ information.