Prepares technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling and dispensing of pharmaceuticals. Plays an integral role in the inventory and quality assurance activities.
This position is located in our Centennial, CO branch.
• Coordinates and schedules the preparation of sterile admixtures and home medical equipment orders with the assistance of the Pharmacist.
• Completes all calculations on product preparation and obtains validation from the Pharmacist before compounding/mixing.
• Compounds sterile admixtures and non-admixtures, including but not limited to parenteral nutrition, antibiotics, chemotherapy, hydration and narcotic analgesics, using aseptic technique where state laws permit.
• Prepares labels, prescriptions and compounding/mixing worksheets and completes and maintains product lot numbers, expiration dates and batch records.
• Generates delivery/pick slips under the supervision of the Pharmacist. Picks and pulls supplies and home medical equipment.
• Ensures compounding/clean room areas and related equipment are cleaned, sanitized and maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures and USP 797 and USP 800 standards. Documents all activities on the appropriate logs.
• Obtains supply inventories from patients/clients and communicates information obtained to the Pharmacist as required.
• Participates in branch management, department and intra-departmental meetings and quality improvement activities.
• Adheres to all accreditation, OSHA, FDA, state, local and federal regulations and standards relevant to infusion pharmacy and home medical equipment.
• Successful completion of an approved/accredited pharmacy technician training program; IV certification preferred
• Certified pharmacy technician licenses, required per individual State Board of Pharmacy
• One to three (1-3) years of related pharmacy experience in a home care setting
• At least one (1) year of aseptic preparation of infusion-related pharmaceuticals in a hospital or home infusion setting
• General knowledge of drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, drug use and aseptic techniques
• Effective mathematical and communication skills required
• Basic pharmacy knowledge of reading and interpreting prescriptions
• Ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently
• Valid driver’s license
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.