Our Line of Business
Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies)
- Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring certain high-risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed with appropriate members of the healthcare team
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and policy
- Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy; Pharm D preferred
- One year experience in long-term care
- Licenses/Certifications: As required by government regulations and business needs
- Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, oral communication
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com
. Follow us on Facebook
, and LinkedIn
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.