ResCare Community Living
Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Duties include providing routine care, general observation of client’s health status, assists the RN and physician in treatments and communicating with clients and their families/guardians. Reports changes in condition and/or additional client needs to supervisor.
- Communicates health/nursing needs and/or recommendations to RN supervisor
- Coordinates admissions, discharges, and follow-up as needed
- Assists in medical/health appointments as needed
- Ensures the provision of nursing/health services under the direction of the RN and as ordered by the physician, provides direct care as outlined in the Service Plan/Nursing Care Plan
- Takes and records vital signs, weights, wound measurements, etc. Identifies trends outside of parameters, or in need of attention and communicates to RN/physician
- Reports pertinent information and changes in individual health status to attending physician/health professionals and to the Team as needed in a timely manner
- Ensures the provision of needed adaptive equipment
- Medication Administration:
- Administers medications, verifying the correct medications are administered (per the six “rights” of medication administration), and that client’s response to medications is noted and documented along with any noted side effects
- Works closely with home/facility/pharmacy staff in consulting on psychotropic medications, side effects, and medication reviews
- Orders, reviews, monitors, and discontinues medications as ordered by physician. Dispose of unused medication per policy
- Assures that monthly Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) are accurately transcribed in each individual’s record
- Checks the medication cabinet on a weekly basis to ensure medications are administered as ordered, appropriately documented on the MAR, and that missed medications are documented, and required follow-up occurs
- Returns completed med cards at the end of each month, along with expired and unused medications as applicable
- Checks program/service areas on a frequent but not less than a monthly basis to ensure the necessary medical/nursing/medication supplies are available and in ample supply
- Reports client illness, potential communicable diseases or infections and works closely with RN, direct care staff, other programmatic and health care professionals, and family in maintaining a safe environment for clients and staff. Implements isolation precautions as needed
- Ensures health status, care and services are documented accurately and timely per company and state requirements
- Provides supervision and education for non-licensed staff in the provision of care and services and reports any changes
- Complete a quarterly nursing evaluation/review of body systems on assigned individuals per program requirements. Refer to physician any assessment findings needing further review.
- Ensures incidents are recorded, the individual is safe, receives required medical care, communicates to RN, operations leadership timely
- Participates in clinics completed at the operation with PCP, psych, etc. as assigned.Participate in on-call duties to ensure weekend and after-hours access to clinicians by staff and individuals served (participates in on-call rotation as assigned)
- Participates in quarterly quality improvement activities, weekly team/staff meetings and Interdisciplinary Team meetings (IDT/PDP) Transcribes physician phone orders and other medically related reports
- Work hours may vary – weekends and evening shifts/visits may be required
Education: Completion of a state approved training program (e.g., diploma, associate’s degree, etc per state requirement)
- Must be a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN or LVN, per state licensure requirements) in good standing
- CPR certification
- Must have at least 6 months of direct nursing experience
- Experience in providing services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities, or related disorders preferred
- Valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record, as defined by ResCare’s vehicle policy
- Must have the ability to use a computer utilizing company documentation systems
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
About our Line of Business
ResCare Community Living has four decades of experience in the disability services field, providing support to individuals who need assistance with daily living due to an intellectual, developmental or cognitive disability. Our community living services are provided in 27 states with several thousand programs and a comprehensive range of high-quality services, including: Community Living, Adult Host Homes for adults regardless of disability, Behavioral/Mental Health Support, In-home Pharmacy Solutions, Telecare and Remote Support, Supported Employment and Training Programs, and Day programs. For more information, please visit www.rescarecommunityliving.com
. Follow us on Facebook
Additional Job Information
ResCare is the country's largest provider of services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, the largest privately-held home care provider to seniors and largest provider of education, vocational training and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels.
AM SHIFT 6AM-2:30PM
PM SHIFT 2PM-10:30PM
NOC SHIFT 10PM-6:30AM
2K SIGN ON
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.