The Intake Coordinator has primary responsibility for the timely clearance of new referrals.
• Takes Infusion Therapy referrals from referral sources.
• Ensures that all intake forms are complete, clear and within Amerita’s scope of service.
• Obtains authorizations and re-authorizations as required by payers.
• Enters patient demographic, insurance and authorization information into the computer system.
• Communicates with other departments regarding the status of referrals.
• Notifies patients/families regarding coverage and payment responsibilities.
• Understands which insurance companies have active contracts with Amerita.
• Ensures that insurance verification is completed and authorization is in place prior to giving the referral to a Pharmacist.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree or some college preferred
• Minimum two (2) years of experience collecting referral information in the healthcare market
• Experience working with all payer types, including Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance companies
• Knowledge of insurance verification and pre-certification procedures
• Understands the scope of services that Amerita can provide
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.