Amerita is a Specialty Infusion company focused on providing complex pharmaceutical products and outstanding clinical service to patients outside of the hospital setting; with exceptional employees that are dedicated to providing the best quality care and service in an ethical, sound, supportive, and customer-focused environment. We have developed a culture which supports our staff of caregivers and their families by providing fair and competitive compensation, high quality affordable benefits, and fulfilling work in a fun, friendly environment.
The Infusion Nurse provides professional nursing care for the safety and well-being of Amerita’s patients.
• Adheres to policies and procedures addressing the scope of services outlined in both Infusion nursing services, pharmacy services, and state laws and regulations
• Adheres to INS and IgNS standards of practice, CDC guidelines, scope and standards of practice, and code of ethics as defined by American Nurses Association
• Collaborates with pharmacy staff, physician, and patient to develop and monitor goals of patients’ therapies
• Assesses all patients assigned and establishes and implements the Plan of Care
• Manages vascular access devices, to include insertion of peripheral infusion devices or peripherally inserted catheters (only if certified)
• Educates patients and caregivers
• Evaluates progress toward goals and makes recommendations to physicians for changes in the Plan of Care based on patients’ needs
• Coordinates nursing care with home health and other community agencies as indicated
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
• Valid nursing license in state(s) of practice
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Registered Nurse
• Previous infusion and home health care experience preferred
• Extensive experience in IV therapy preferred
• Current CPR certification
• Flexible schedule with the availability to work on-call evenings, weekends and holidays on an as-scheduled basis
• Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• Must meet company standards for driving record as well as driver age requirement
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.