Our Line of Business
Accelerate your career! We apply innovative solutions that improve patient outcomes through some of the industry’s best and brightest business professionals, innovators and clinicians. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Director, Electronic Medical Records Implementations.
- The Director of EMR Implementations will be the company’s main point of contact responsible for successfully implementing PharMerica’s pharmacy systems and processes with our clients’ Electronic Health Records (EHR), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Electronic Medication Administration Records (EMAR). This is a new and exciting role within PharMerica and a critical component to support PharMerica’s growth in the long-term-care pharmacy space.
- As such, the Director of EMR Implementations will be ultimately accountable of ensuring that:
- Customer-facing EMR Implementations projects are completed on time, on budget and to the full satisfaction of clients. These implementations span across multiple long-term care settings (e.g., Skilled Nursing Facilities, Senior Living, ID/D Agencies), multiple EMR vendors (QuickMAR, PointClickCare, Eldermark, Yardi, MatrixCare, Accuflo, ALIS), and multiple levels of integration (one-time data transfer, facility-centric integration, pharmacy-centric integration, bi-directional)
- Pharmacies and other critical teams implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training programs to have the skill-set required to work with EMR systems
- PharMerica maintains productive relationships with EMR Vendors, including favorable commercial terms, continued support on implementations, user training and certifications, and joint prioritization of new features road-map.
- Customers and internal teams get timely support with issues or questions around EMR integrations
- Recurring EMR implementation issues are documented, tracked, root causes determined, solutions are designed, and problems resolved and issues do not re-surface down the road
- Desired new features are documented, prioritized on a roadmap, deployed according to the schedule and properly communicated to internal stakeholders and clients
- The EMR Implementations Team is appropriately structured, staffed, skilled, trained and motivated to successfully execute integrations and support users
- To achieve the above objectives, the Director of EMR Implementations will directly oversee a team of (currently) 10 plus EMR Implementation Associates and collaborate closely with other teams to set joint priorities, define action plans, and maintain cross-functional accountability and coordination
- This position requires an experienced team leader and influencer in the healthcare industry who can lead and develop teams, define and roll-out standard processes, interact with customers, manage vendor relationships, lead cross-functional initiatives, understand pharmacy operations, understand technical challenges, manage a budget, and achieve business goals
- Given the above, candidates should match the following profile:
- Required: Two plus years of experience within the long-term care pharmacy industry and/or long-term-care industry
- Required: Two plus years of IT Project Management experience
- Required: Five plus years of team leadership experience, including team design, staffing, training and development, as well as managing though budgets and objectives
- Required: Proven track-record of successfully leading complex, cross-functional projects in large healthcare organizations
- Required: Excellent communication skills, presentations skills, and gravitas. Proven ability to influence customers, peers, senior executives, vendors
- Ideal Candidate would have experience in IT and pharmacy operations, with significant Project Management experience and certifications (PMP)
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com
. Follow us on Facebook
, and LinkedIn
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.