Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
As a Pharmacist, you will...
- Evaluate and monitor drug therapy relative to the total needs of the home care patient in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy practice.
- Adhere to all appropriate standards of accreditationand participate in quality assurance activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate new referrals and admissions through collaboration with nurses, customer service and distribution.
- Review, receive and verify all new patient orders and document on the respective order form.
- Assist the physician and other involved healthcare professionals with:
- Planning and implementing patient care in the home;
- Setting therapeutic objectives for drug therapy;
- Establishing parameters for monitoring the safety and efficacy of drug therapy; and
- Preparting regular progress reports.
- Conduct and document initial and ongoing assessment of specific patient, drug and disease information to identify real and potential drug-related problems or needs.
- Monitor the outcomes of drug therapy by collecting, evaluating and interpreting the results of laboratory data, clinical data and other pertinent patient information.
- Provide consultation and answer inquiries from patients, families, physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding drugs and their use.
- Maintain thorough and appropriate documentation in the customer/patient record of all clinical activities and communication with patients, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Process and check all medications, supplies and equipment prior to dispensing from the pharmacy.
- Maintain clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing literature and attending in-services, seminars and conferences.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy required; Doctor of Pharmacy preferred
- Registered Pharmacist License in state(s) of practice
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience in an acute-care setting or one (1) year of recent experience in home infusion therapy
- Experience with compounding infused drugs
- Proven record of evaluating and monitoring drug therapies for home care patients
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Participation and membership in professional societies and organizations is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work on-call evenings and weekends on an as-scheduled basis
About our Line of Business
Amerita is a specialty infusion company focused on providing complex pharmaceutical products and clinical services to patients outside of the hospital. Committed to excellent service, our vision is to combine the administrative efficiencies of a large organization with the flexibility, responsiveness and entrepreneurial spirit of a local provider. For more information about Amerita, please visit www.ameritaiv.com
. Follow us on Twitter
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.