Equus Job Corps
Serves as an assistant in the Food Services Department
• Keeps all equipment used in the preparation, storage, and serving of food in sanitary condition.
• Keeps storerooms, walk-in refrigerators, and freezer clean and orderly.
• Sets up dish room and dishwashing machine before each meal.
• Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
• Scrapes food from dirty dishes and places them in the rack or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
• Sweeps, mops, and waxes cafeteria and kitchen floors.
• Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
• Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
• Setup dining room tables.
• Keeps service line supplied with dishes, silverware, glasses, milk, food, etc. during service times.
• Assist in preparing and serving food in accordance with pre-planned menus.
• Helps supervise work based learning program to include the development of student's employability, social skills and Career Success Standards while in the Food Service area.
• Explores innovative ways to incorporate Food Services into the academic, vocational and leisure time learning programs.
• Establishes center wide events for trainees and staff that promote health and wellness learning.
• Responsive to student conduct, abilities, and needs.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Three to six months of related experience, and/or training;
• Must be able quantitative calculations using both fractional and decimal measure units.
• High School Diploma and valid Driver's License
• Valid Food Handler’s certification preferred
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.