Sacred Journey Hospice
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides care to designated patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Provides care to designated Home Care patients in collaboration with the RN and other health care professionals in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Provides care to designated patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
• Provides care to designated Home Care patients in collaboration with the RN and other health care professionals in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Performs duties associated with direct patient care and quality improvement activities.
• Assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
• Works to ensure the safety, best practices, and high quality standards of care are maintained across the continuum.
• Applies nursing principles and techniques in the treatment of patients. Provides nursing care, emotional support and education to the patient/family/caregiver.
• Responsible for providing input for the continued development of the patient care plan and physician’s plan of treatment.
• Communicates with physicians and others as needed to coordinate and ensure high quality care.
• Communicates on a regular basis with all staff/volunteers regarding patient status.
• Attends and participates in conference calls, team meetings, briefings, in services, department and staff meetings and other related activities.
• Understands and adheres to the Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. vision and Organizational Philosophy advocates its philosophy.
• Follows the guidelines for universal precautions when providing patient care.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and working relationship with staff members, volunteers, patients and families position in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
• Maintains records of service performed and of apparent condition of patient, using documentation guidelines and standards set forth by Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc.
• Carries out duties and responsibilities of Consistently represents Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. to all internal and external customers with integrity and professionalism
• Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/family/caregiver information.
• Adheres to all policies, procedures and regulations regarding patient care, conduct, safety, fire, security, and risk management.
• Adheres to Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. ethical standards.
• Has a duty to report any potential misconduct or policy violation to DCO/Administrator of Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. Standards of Conduct or federal or state laws and regulations.
• Has a responsibility to participate in staff training and education programs. Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary within the facility.
• Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse licensed to practice in this state who has at least three (3) years healthcare related experience. Two (2) years in hospice, home care preferred.
• Must have current Basic Life Support Certification
• Must have reliable transportation and maintain a current driver license in the state and maintain automobile liability insurance.
• Must be able to understand, read, write and speak English.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to the patients, families and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other employees.
• Must understand and accept hospice philosophy and be knowledgeable of pain and symptom control as related to terminally ill patients.
• Must demonstrate autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
• Must comply with acceptable professional standards and practice.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.