Our Line of Business
Accelerate your career! We apply innovative solutions that improve patient outcomes through some of the industry’s best and brightest business professionals, innovators and clinicians. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Pharmacy Technician.
For Hawaii, there is no Pharmacy Technician license requirement and the Pharmacy Technicians are not required to transport medications in their own vehicle.
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Transport medications using own vehicle.
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy.
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Also performs at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
- Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood;
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Required: HS diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology.
- Desired: LTC pharmacy experience.
- Required: Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications.
- Pharmacy tech license required.
- Required: Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication.
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com
. Follow us on Facebook
, and LinkedIn
Additional Job Information
This position requires frequent standing 100% of the time. Must be available 9:30-6:00pm M-F with alternating Saturdays from 9-5:30.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.