Our Line of Business
Accelerate your career! We apply innovative solutions that improve patient outcomes through some of the industry’s best and brightest business professionals, innovators and clinicians. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Pharmacist Consultant.
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
- Reviews the drug regimen and clinical indicators of each resident as assigned at least monthly and reports any irregularities to the Director of Nursing, Administrator and the attending physicians with a written report of findings and recommendations.
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members.
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws and federal and state regulations concerning long-term care.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical care practices for long term care residents.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate.
- Current license required. Dual license preferred.
- One-year experience in acute, long-term care or home health preferred.
- Consultant or Clinical Pharmacist experience preferred.
- IV clinical experience preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends or outside of normal business hours when needed.
- Ability to lift patient charts repetitively.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and understand state and federal regulations for long-term care.
- Understand of formulary management.
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com
. Follow us on Facebook
, and LinkedIn
Additional Job Information
Must be available to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm. Total up to 40 hours per week.
Must live in the Bay Area (San Francisco/Oakland).
Must be willing to drive to facilities every working day.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.