Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutions
Our therapy team executes customized treatment plans that deliver real results and exceed patients' expectations. If you're motivated to give our clients a more positive quality of life we encourage you to apply today!
- Assists the patient in achieving the individualized treatment plan goals established by the clinical and/or residential team and provides feedback as needed.
- Ensures safety, living comfort, and hygiene needs of patient are met, while fostering independent functioning.
- May provide/arrange for transportation, and escort patient to medical/other appointments, and outings. Keeps staff and family members informed of all scheduled appointments.
- Adheres to/enforce Bill of Rights of patient and reports any violation to management.
- Implements community reintegration activities under the direction of the clinical and/or residential treatment team to assist the patient with a variety of needs in the home and community. Assists the patient in understanding their needs and limitations.
- Observes, documents, and reports changes in the condition of the patient to management and other treatment team members as appropriate.
- Attends case conference and family educational meetings as recommended by the team.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Actprivacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Maintains and submits documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative and conducts self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
- Attends, participates in, and/or conducts internal staff development programs, obtains continuing education as required by company policy and regulations.
- Assists team in fostering a safe home environment for the patient.
- Reports any safety concerns, or issues to management immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Meet one of the following training requirements:
- Direct Support Professional
To qualify as a Direct Support Professional, an individual must successfully complete the Direct Support Professional curriculum as adopted by Maine Department of Health and Human Services, or demonstrated proficiency through DHHS’s approved Assessment of Prior Learning, or successfully complete the curriculum from the Maine College of Direct Support within six months of date of hire. The Maine College of Direct Support is accessed on the internet at: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/oads/disability/ds/cds/index.shtml;
2. Personal Support Specialist
To qualify as a Personal Support Specialist an individual must meet one of the training and examination requirements below. An individual without the required training may be hired and reimbursed for delivering personal care services as long as the individual enrolls in a certified training program within sixty (60) days of hire and completes training and examination requirements within nine months of employment and meets all other requirements. If the individual fails to pass the examination within nine months, reimbursement for his or her services must stop until such time as the training and examination requirements are met. A Personal Support Specialist must hold a valid certificate of training as a personal support specialist/personal care assistant issued as a result of completing the Maine Department of Health and Human Services Department-approved personal support specialist training curriculum and passing the competency-base examination of didactic and demonstrated skills. The training course must include at least 50 hours of formal classroom instruction, demonstration, return demonstration, and examination. Tasks covered under this Section must be covered in the training;
- Be a Certified Brain Injury Specialist or have completed equivalent training, as set forth in Section 18.10-14, within the first 12 months of employment; and
- Be at least 18 years of age; and
- Have graduated from high school or acquired a General Education Diploma; and
- Have completed Reportable Events Training; and
- Have completed a Department approved Behavior Regulations Training; and
- Have an adult protective and child protective record check; and
- Have a background check consistent with 18.10-9; and
- Maintain current status as State of Maine Certified Residential Medication Aide
- Demonstrates effective and professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Has reliable transportation and is able to travel between residences and office, as needed, during the shift
About our Line of Business
Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutions is a revolutionary neuro rehabilitation program that moves individuals outside the walls of institutional settings and into their natural home and community environment. It is designed to help people who have experienced a brain injury, spinal cord injury or stroke/CVA through accident or illness. By removing the walls to provide care in the home, school, community or workplace, it promotes greater health and independence throughout the recovery process, all with industry-leading outcomes that improve the functional capabilities and independence of patients. For more information visit www.rehabwithoutwalls.com
. Follow us on Facebook
Additional Job Information
Join our amazing team in Holden, ME as a Residential Rehab Specialist!
- Positions start at $15.25 an hour!
- DSP or PSS certification required
- Daily pay option
- PRN position, full time also available
- We'll pay for you to receive the QBIS certification!
- CRMA highly preferred
Join the team and apply today!
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.