Equus Job Corps
Performs instruction in Fire Safety, Standard Precautions, First Aid/Choking, and Medication Administration to students obtaining CBRF Certification in the state of Wisconsin in accordance with Wisconsin DHS 83.20.
Also responsible for instructing social skills, employability skills, applied academics and project-based learning.
• Actively engages trainees as validated by classroom observation
• Provides instruction in accordance with regulations established by Wisconsin DHS 83.20 utilizing the standardized curriculum provided to instructors
• Demonstrates the ability to manage the classroom environment and classroom discipline for effective learning and has minimal classroom incidents
• Demonstrates full knowledge of competency-based instruction, computer assigned instruction, cooperative learning techniques
• Maintains accurate attendance records/hourly/per class period in accordance with DOL, Center and State guidelines
• Electronically submits names of students who successfully complete the required coursework to the Wisconsin Community-Based Care and Treatment Training Registry
• Actively participates in weekly center team meetings
• Actively participates in departmental and all staff meetings
• Completes required staff training in a timely manner
• Reports directly to departmental manager
• Model, mentor, monitor appropriate work place behavior
• Completes weekly reports as required
• Basic computer skills are required, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Work and Excel
• Ensuring clean and safe work environment
• Participates in active shooter and fire drills
• Delivers necessary accommodations to students
• Operates in accordance with the requirements of the PRH, Standard Operating Procedures in function area and corporate policies
• Evaluates and records student progress/evaluations and case notes in CIS, where appropriate
• Delivers quality customer service to students
• Assists with student retention
• Maintains lesson plans relevant to course material
• Facilitates communication with center departments
• Employs activities which offer CSS and employability skills building opportunities for students
• Assists with job placement, military, college, and post-secondary education
• Tracks all statistics pertaining to the CTT-10 Report
• Aligns curriculum with Industry Standards
• Develops industry partnerships that could lead to work based learning, internships, and job placement outcomes
• Assists students in obtaining secondary credentials
• Coordinates and participates with academic department for integrated learning opportunities
• May assist in updating electronic Training Achievement Record (eTAR)
• Provides innovative, creative and engaging training to the students
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Minimum of two years related experience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, groups of managers, students, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractures, percentages ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and saw related conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram terms, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Minimum of Associates Degree. Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid State Driver’s License recommended. Certification/experience in vocational trade preferred. Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the center is located, or is accredited by a professional trade organization. Must be current on the Wisconsin Community-Based Care and Treatment Training Registry Master Instructor Listing with all required coursework showing as unexpired.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.