Sacred Journey Hospice
The Certified Nurses’ Aide is responsible for carrying out the duties assigned by the RN Case Manager to increase patient’s level of comfort, and to maintain personal hygiene and a safe environment for the patient while providing for activities of daily living.
• Provide hands-on personal care as directed by the RN Case Manager that are included in the plan of care and permitted to be performed under State and Federal law for hospice aide consistent with the hospice aide training.
• Report changes in the patient’s medical, nursing, rehabilitative, and social needs to a registered nurse, as the changes relate to the plan of care and quality assessment and improvement activities.
• Complete appropriate records in compliance with the hospice’s policies and procedures.
• Follow written patient care instructions for a hospice aide prepared by a RN Case Manager who is responsible for the supervision of a hospice aide a minimum of every 14 days.
• Observe, report, and document patient’s status and the care or service furnished.
• Read and record temperature, pulse, and respiration.
• Utilize Basic infection control procedures.
• Understand basic elements of body functioning and changes in body function is a must
• Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
• Recognize emergencies and have knowledge of emergency procedures and their application.
• Know the physical, emotional, and developmental needs of and ways to work with the populations served by the hospice, including the need for respect for the patient, his or her privacy, and his or her property.
• Use appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal hygiene and grooming tasks.
• Complete at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period.
• Participation in SJH company functions including attendance at a minimum of one patient related function annually such as memorial service.
• Perform as a member of the SJH team and participate in the philosophy of the agency.
• Perform other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of the agency.
• Understand and adhere to the Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. vision and Organizational Philosophy, and advocates its philosophy.
• Follow the guidelines for universal precautions when providing patient care.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and working relationship with staff members, volunteers, patients and families.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities of position in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
• Consistently represent SJH to all internal and external customers ethically, with integrity and professionalism.
• Address patient’s needs by being responsive to phone calls and emails.
• Has a duty to report any potential misconduct or policy violation supervisor and/or Administrator
• Comply with SJH Standards, federal and state laws and regulations.
• Has a responsibility to participate in staff training and education programs
• Must have a Current Georgia Certified Nurse’s Aide Certificate to practice in this state. One (1) year healthcare related experience preferred.
• Must have current Basic Life Support Certification
• Must have reliable transportation and maintain a current driver license in the state and maintain automobile liability insurance.
• Must have excellent documentation skills and be able to understand, read, write and speak English.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to the patients, families and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other Employees.
• Must understand and accept hospice philosophy and be knowledgeable of pain and symptom control as related to terminally ill patients.
• Must demonstrate organization, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
• Must comply with acceptable professional standards and practice.
• Must have effective Communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, care givers, and other hospice staff.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.