Sacred Journey Hospice
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides care to designated patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Provides care to designated Home Care patients in collaboration with the RN and other health care professionals in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Provides care to designated patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
• Provides care to designated Home Care patients in collaboration with the RN and other health care professionals in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Perform duties associated with direct patient care and quality improvement activities.
• Assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provide skilled professional nursing care to patient/family/caregiver as directed by the supervising Case Manager or the Patient Care Manager and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with Company’s policies and procedures.
• Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care.
• Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients.
• Work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure all patient and family care needs are being met.
• Implement nursing plan of care as directed by the interdisciplinary team and Patient Care Manager.
• Provide professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process as directed by the plan of care.
• Responsible for checking and ordering medications.
• Assess and provide patient/family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
• Participate in coordination of Hospice services, appropriately communicating and reporting the need for Hospice interdisciplinary team members (e.g., HCA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian) to the Case Manager or Patient Care Manager.
• Provide appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluate patient’s response to treatments/medications.
• Answers telephone, identifies SJH and self, directs call to appropriate person or assists in triaging calls for the on-call staff.
• Takes messages, documenting the time, name of caller, phone number and message, when applicable.
• Addresses patient’s needs by being responsive to call lights/bells.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/family/caregiver information.
• Provides for a safe environment for patients, guests, visitors and employees.
• Adheres to all policies, procedures and regulations regarding patient care, conduct, safety, fire, security, and risk management.
• Has a duty to report any potential misconduct or policy violation to IPU Manager, COO/Director of Nursing or CEO/Administrator of Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. Standards of Conduct or federal or state laws and regulations.
• Has a responsibility to participate in staff training and education programs.
• Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse licensed to practice in this state who has at least three (3) years healthcare related experience. Two (2) years in hospice, home care preferred.
• Must have current Basic Life Support Certification
• Must have reliable transportation and maintain a current driver license in the state and maintain automobile liability insurance.
• Must be able to understand, read, write and speak English.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to the patients, families and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other employees.
• Must understand and accept hospice philosophy and be knowledgeable of pain and symptom control as related to terminally ill patients.
• Must demonstrate autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
• Must comply with acceptable professional standards and practice.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.