Sacred Journey Hospice
The IPU RN Case Manager creates and maintains a plan of care, serving as the coordinator for patient and family interaction for the duration of the patient’s hospice IPU stay. The IPU RN Case Manager reviews and updates the care plan, physician orders, pharmacy profile and other records. The nurse also educates patients, family members and other caregivers about the disease process and decline, available palliative interventions, the dying process and safety practices.
• Applies nursing principles and techniques in the treatment of patients. Provides nursing care, emotional support and education to the patient/family/caregiver.
• Responsible for providing input for the continued development of the patient care plan and physician’s plan of treatment.
• Checks and logs temperature of medication refrigerator daily.
• Communicates with physicians and others as needed to coordinate and ensure high quality care.
• Communicates on a regular basis with all staff/volunteers regarding patient status.
• Attends and participates in shift report, team meetings, briefings, in services, department and staff meetings and other related activities.
• Understands and adheres to the Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. vision and Organizational Philosophy advocates its philosophy.
• Works effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• Follows the guidelines for universal precautions when providing patient care.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and working relationship with staff members, volunteers, patients and families.
• Maintains records of service performed and of apparent condition of patient, using documentation guidelines and standards set forth by Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc.
• Carries out duties and responsibilities of position in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
• Consistently represents Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. to all internal and external customers with integrity and professionalism
• Answers telephone, identifies SJH and self, directs call to appropriate person or assists in triaging calls for the on-call staff. Takes messages, documenting the time, name of caller, phone number and message, when applicable.
• Addresses patient’s needs by being responsive to call lights/bells.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/family/caregiver information.
• Provides for a safe environment for patients, guests, visitors and employees.
• Adheres to all policies, procedures and regulations regarding patient care, conduct, safety, fire, security, and risk management.
• Has a duty to report any potential misconduct or policy violation to Patient Care Manage or Director of Clinical Operations of Sacred Journey Hospice, Inc. Standards of Conduct or federal or state laws and regulations.
• Has a responsibility to participate in staff training and education programs.
• Must be a Registered Nurse licensed to practice in this state who has at least two (2) years healthcare related experience. One (1) year in hospice preferred. Acute Care experience preferred.
• Must have current Basic Life Support Certification
• Must have reliable transportation and maintain a current driver license in the state and maintain automobile liability insurance.
• Must be able to understand, read, write and speak English.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to the patients, families and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other Employees.
• Must understand and accept hospice philosophy and be knowledgeable of pain and symptom control as related to terminally ill patients.
• Must demonstrate autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
• Must comply with acceptable professional standards and practice
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.