ResCare Community Living
Performs home assessments and pre-service training for the foster care divisions. Participates in staff orientation training on topics related Home Studies, Re-certification Process, CPR, First Aid and CPI.
• Within 48 hours of receipt of the Home Assessment Request form respond to the division’s Clinical Supervisor and/or Unit Administrator.
• Complete and document initial foster parent interviews.
• Conduct Home Assessment and narratives for the Foster Care divisions and include in the report: Community References, Medication Storage Form, Sanitation Form, Foster Home Approval Form with strengths and weaknesses and if necessary a Plan of Action to prepare the family.
• Submit Home Assessment Narratives and completed paperwork within 5 working days of completing the assessment.
• Participate in the ongoing development of the agency foster parent orientation training to meet licensure standards.
• Conduct the required foster parent orientation training for the Treatment Foster Care divisions.
• Submit paperwork to verify foster parents' attendance at orientation training at the end of the training session to the Clinical Supervisor or/and Unit Administrator.
• Acquire and maintain trainer status for the following: CPR, Standard First Aid, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention - CPI and PRIDE trainers.
• Coordinate and notify potential foster parent applicants of home assessment dates and times and orientation training dates and times.
• Inform division representatives of potential foster parent applicants’ status.
• Conduct CPR and Standard First Aid training during new personnel staff training and agency foster parent orientation training.
• Submit to supervisor monthly tracking report form for the previous month, by the first working day of the month.
• Provide on-going marketing of the foster care program.
• Attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
• The employee should have a working knowledge and understanding of culture and its function in human behavior and society.
• The employee shall deliver services that are sensitive to client’s cultures.
• The employee shall demonstrate the ability to forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families in which they are helped to gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
• Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
• Ability to work in partnership with other team members.
• Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served or other family members.
• Bachelor’s degree (B,A, or B.S.W.) in the Human Services field from four-year college or university; • One to two years related experience and/or training.
• CPR, CPI and First Aid
• Valid Social Work License
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.