Amerita, Inc. is a leading provider in home Infusion therapy. We are looking for a Delivery Technician to join our Delivery team as we grow to be one of the top home infusion providers in the country. The Delivery Technician will report to the Warehouse Supervisor and work in our East Providence, Rhode Island
Amerita is an entrepreneurial-founded company and a wholly owned subsidiary of PharMerica. The home infusion market is positioned for rapid growth driven by the aging population, increase in chronic diseases, robust pipeline of infusible drugs coming to market, and an industry shift from hospital delivery settings to lower-cost, high-quality alternative providers such as Amerita.
As a core member of the Delivery team, you will be responsible for the delivery of medications and supplies and the set-up of equipment at the patient's residence. We will help you achieve your goals through continuous professional development and regular career progression discussions.
The Delivery Technician is responsible for delivery of medications and supplies and set-up of equipment at the patient’s residence. The Delivery Technician may be required to educate the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered equipment.
• Delivers medications and supplies and sets up equipment.
• Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered equipment.
• Completes all necessary delivery forms and paperwork, including invoices and logs.
• Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations.
• Reports equipment hazards and product incidents.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• Must meet company standards for driving record as well as driver age requirement
• Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work on-call evenings and weekends on an as-scheduled basis
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.