Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
• Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate
• Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies)
• Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring certain high-risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed with appropriate members of the healthcare team
• Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed
• Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record
• Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
• Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and policy.
• Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors
• Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
• Performs other tasks as assigned
• The main site for this residency program is the state of employment hospital. At the hospital the resident will be involved in the following: treatment teams, patient education groups, medication reconciliation, discharge planning, psychopharmacology consults, administrative duties, clozapine and other lab monitoring, and drug information
• Rotations include: Adult inpatient/outpatient, forensic, psychogeriatric, consultative liaison, pharmacy operations/administration. Elective rotations are available.
• The resident will precept PharmD students from various universities and participate in disease state topic discussions/journal clubs. Resident will have the opportunity to lecture psych related topics at a local university
• The resident will design and conduct an original research project to be presented in a poster format at the annual conference of the College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP) to be held in April
• This residency will welcome the resident’s valuable input in expanding clinical pharmacy services to individuals with mental illnesses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy; Pharm D preferred.
• One year experience in long-term care.
• Licenses/Certifications: As required by government regulations and business needs.
• Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, oral communication.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.