BrightSpring Health Services
This position helps to lead the strategic implementation and execution of procurement services which include but not limited to office supplies, furniture, medical supplies, foodservice distribution, foodservice vendor contracts, bank card purchases, home improvement supplies, printing, shipping, maintenance agreements, energy savings initiatives and fleet.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
• Create and maintain excellent relationships with current and prospective vendors.
• Estimate cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
• Implement continuous improvement opportunities in procurement processes, procedures, and systems.
• Develop programs to discover cost reductions with current vendors, while actively seeking new suppliers.
• Review and analyze all suppliers and pricing options.
• Reconcile financial transactions.
• Coordinate with Accounting and Finance to ensure accurate general ledger entries.
• Communicate with field operators on new and current projects.
• Generate RFP’s for different departments within the organization.
• Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services. Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
• Assesses total costs of company purchases. Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness. Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
• Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5+ years of experience in Business, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, or Consulting
• 3-5 years of leadership experience preferred
• Demonstrated management capabilities, especially related to leading strategic initiatives, driving performance, leading change efforts, and producing superior results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong managerial skills
• Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of state procurement practices.
• Demonstrated expertise in drafting and analyzing RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s, contracts, business documents and/or other agreements while assuring compliance with applicable laws, guidelines and contract terms.
• Experience in negotiating purchasing terms with existing and prospective suppliers.
• High level of technical proficiency the MS Office suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook and Oracle financial systems.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.