Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
SHIFT: 10:30am to 7pm, Monday through Friday. Rotating every other weekend. Some overnights may be necessary as needed.
• Participates in orientation, training, competency assessment, and evaluation of Pharmacy Technicians.
• Monitors work flow and reassigns Pharmacy Technicians as needed.
• Prepares Pharmacy Technician schedules to meet the needs of the pharmacy.
• Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
• Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
• May perform the following:
o Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room.
o Works with automated machines to prepack drugs.
o Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand.
o Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry).
o Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood.
o Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow).
• Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Ensure technician adherence to local, state, and federal regulations.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required: HS diploma or equivalent
• Required: Experience in an LTC pharmacy setting
• Desired: Prior supervisory experience
• Required: Basic understanding of drugs, medication terminology, and metric system; ability to operate a computer.
• Desired: Workflow management skills; scheduling skills; performance management
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.