Serving as a driving force in the recovery process, our therapy team executes customized treatment plans that deliver real results and exceed patients' expectations. From brain and spinal cord injuries to autism therapy and behavioral health, clinicians and therapists build a program around the patient using evidenced-based programs and therapies. If you're motivated to give pediatric and/or adult patients a more positive quality of life we encourage you to apply today!
- Perform a thorough evaluation of daily living and work-related skills, assessing the needs of the person receiving services and set measurable objectives that are formulated in conjunction with the rehabilitation team. Adjust treatment as needed to achieve maximum results
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the person served in physical and cognitive reconditioning and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team. Assist the person receiving services in understanding their needs and limitations and how to manage them during function
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for the person served to improve function in their home, community and/or work environments. Incorporate the use of adaptive equipment to enhance the rehabilitation program
- Design retraining programs and train staff and family members to carry out the retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming, hygiene and community re-entry skills
- Provide training to the person receiving services and as appropriate, all others involved in that person's rehabilitation. Analyze and document the result of any training
- Responsible to apply professional knowledge and skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice, to facilitate problem resolutions, and thereby the achievement of individualized goals and outcomes for the person served
- Report progress to the rehabilitation staff, person served and family members and observe/document and report changes in the condition of the person served to the Clinical Coordinator/designee, attending physician and other team treatment team members as appropriate.Provide treatment progress and status documentation on the person served in accordance with the Plan of Treatment
- Participate in the team process provide input and effective treatment strategies. Attend case conferences and family educational meetings.
- Develop, teach and assess the plan of treatment. Guide the Rehabilitation Specialist/Certified Nursing Assistant in fulfillment of the plan. Use appropriate methods and tools in all teaching and training activities, including teaching in preparation for discharge
- Perform other duties as assigned in response to person served office and/or program needs
- Bachelors degree in Occupational Therapy
- Maintain professional license and/or certification as required by the state in which the therapist is practicing
- 1 year of experience preferred
- Knowledge of rehabilitation techniques related to complex neurological injury generally required
- Effective communication skills are also required
- Current CPR certification is required
- The candidate must successfully complete any/all required pre-employment evaluation test (s) per policy in each assigned area of practice
- Good organizational and communication skills are needed. Ability to function with minimum supervision
- Reliable transportation is required
- The candidate will have the physical ability to perform job related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling with or without reasonable accommodation
- A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment and periodically thereafter, as required by Company Policy, and/or state regulations to verify that he/she is physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without reasonable accommodations
About our Line of Business
Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutionsis dedicated to helping brain injury, spinal cord injury and stroke patients in a new way: blending scientifically backed rehab protocols with the patient’s real-life activities. It’s a combination that delivers better results during the recovery journey and into the future. Today, our rehab services are still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. In addition to our groundbreaking home and community rehab, we’re also providing services in residential facilities and outpatient clinics. For more information visit www.rehabwithoutwalls.com
. Follow us on Facebook
Additional Job Information
Join our Home and Community Rehab in Houston as an Occupational Therapist and apply today!
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.