Our therapy team executes customized treatment plans that deliver real results and exceed patients' expectations. If you're motivated to give our clients a more positive quality of life we encourage you to apply today!
- Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of medical social services to patients in the home to ensure compliance with state practice act(s) and Company policies and procedures, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations
- Works under general supervision.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis
- Instructs, treats, observes and evaluates patients exhibiting significant social and emotional problems affecting their health status
- Assists the physician and other health team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health problems
- Participates in the development and periodic re-evaluation of the physicians Plan of Treatment for patients needing social work services
- Utilizes special skills and judgment to resolve social and emotional responses connected with the illness
- Observes, records and reports changes in patients' condition and response to treatment to Clinical Manager and the physician
- Participates in the discharge planning process
- Instructs/counsels patients and families in treating and coping with social and emotional response connected with illnesses
- Provides ongoing assessment of patient and family needs and responses to teaching
- Participates in care coordination activities and acts as a resource to other health team members in the identification and resolution of patient needs
- Utilizes appropriate community resources to achieve identified objectives
- Supervises, instructs and evaluates the performance of the Social Work Assistant to assure that all medical social services are provided to patients in compliance with Company, government and professional standards
- Maintains and submits documentation as required by the Company and/or facility including any case conferences, patient/physician/community contacts, visit reports, progress notes, and confers with other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient care
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development programs, obtains continuing education as required by Company policies and regulations.
- Maintains and enhances clinical practice skills
- Maintains the highest standards of Professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature
- Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned
- Communicates information that enables data collection and root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Five plus years clinical social work experience
- Valid and current Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Medical Social Worker license
- Ability to make psychosocial assessments and develop and implement viable care plans
- Current licensure/certification in the state(s) of practice if required.
- Successful completion of all Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations
- Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred from a of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education with six months social work experience in a healthcare setting
- Bilingual preferred
About our Line of Business
Embrace Hospice provides customized end-of-life care with quality and compassion for families throughout the San Antonio and Dallas area. Embrace works to create a plan that best fits the diagnosis and home environment designed for both the patient and the family. For more information about Embrace Hospice, please visit www.embracehospicellc.com
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.