Sacred Journey Hospice provides a special kind of care to patients, their families, and their caregivers who are living with advanced illnesses. At Sacred Journey Hospice, our mission is to tenderly embrace those facing the final moments of life, along with their loved ones, with expert medical care, emotional support, and spiritual guidance. All too often people facing advanced illness don’t know where to turn for comfort and support.
• Responsible for responding to the prn answering service when the hospice office is closed.
• Responsible for evaluating and responding to the patient’s/caregiver’s needs after hours via telephone contact, home visits, and/or facility visits for assessment, symptom management, treatment, teaching and coordination of care as needed in accordance with the plan of care.
• Make appropriate intervention either via telephone or visit to patient's home.
• Pronounce patients according to Hospice policy.
• Supervise HHA and document supervision as requited.
• Report to appropriate personnel via email all calls from hospice patients during afterhours.
• Registered Nurse licensed to practice in this state who has at least two (2) years healthcare related experience. One (1) year in hospice preferred.
• Current Basic Life Support Certification
• Must have reliable transportation and maintain a current driver license in the state and maintain automobile liability insurance.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.