Responsible for ensuring that charges are entered timely and accurately, ensuring that all necessary procedures are completed prior to invoicing, and statements are finalized, in accordance with contract.
• Interpret contract documents to ensure billing is performed in compliance with all contract terms.
• Processes changes in information systems to support accurate and efficient billing process and financial close.
• Facilitates and ensures accurately and timely billing of services and fees to facility clients.
• Completes interim statement review to ensure charges are accurate.
• Participate in month-end closing and audits as necessary.
• Provides customer support via phone or electronic communications.
• Supports other departments, such as Census, when volumes or needs dictate.
• Works under general supervision.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education/Learning Experience
• Required: High School graduate, GED or equivalent experience
• Desired: 2 year degree
• Work Experience
• Required: Customer Service, Financial Service, Accounting, Technical, or other experience in which the ability to problem solve, work under strict deadlines, and produce quality outputs are displayed.
• Desired: Third Party Billing or collections/billing experience in the healthcare industry; AS400 computer experience
• Required: Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within discipline.
• Behavior Competencies
• Required: Flexibility, decisiveness, tenacity, problem solving, practical learning, detail conscious, communicates effectively, dependability, responsible, builds trust, resolves conflicts constructively.
• Desired: Innovator, analytical
Must be available to work Monday to Friday from 9:30 am - 6 pm.
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
Click here for additional FAQ information.