Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today.
- The Prior Authorization Coordinator is responsible for striving to complete either approval for pharmacy claims requiring prior authorization or by coordinating with prescribers and or facility contact to have therapy changed to a preferred alternative due to insurance not covering the treatment in question
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of client prior authorization and/or change of therapy paperwork by collaborating with prescribers and facility contacts
- Follows up on all claims requiring prior authorization within four to five business days
- Tracks and reviews all claims in QuickBase and sends excel tracking spreadsheet to Director of Pharmacy on weekly basis
- Compares system report of unbilled claims requiring prior approval to QuickBase tracking system to ensure any claim requiring prior authorization is being followed up on
- Assists Billing Department with resolving unbilled claims at each month end close
- Advocates for clients as needed
- Support for Pharmacy Operations
- Adjudicates and resolution of claim rejections as needed
- Utilizes Frameworks, QuickBase, Docutrack, and CoverMyMeds in order to complete workflow on daily basis
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma required
- Kentucky Pharmacy Technician License preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize and meet pre-determined deadlines
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, be proficient at typing, and have advanced technical skills
- Experience in healthcare billing environment (pharmacy preferred)
- Familiarization with on-line claims processing and Medicaid and Medicare billing practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel required
About our Line of Business
Pharmacy Alternatives®, a PharMerica company, is a specialized pharmacy provider focused on serving individuals with cognitive, intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) helping people live their best life. Pharmacy Alternatives combined with PharMerica offer unmatched long-term pharmacy solutions specializing in serving special-needs populations who live in intermediate care facilities, waiver homes, group homes, assisted living, supported-living or foster care. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. The combined organization offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about Pharmacy Alternatives, please visit www.palrx.com
. Follow us on Facebook
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.