Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
Pay rate is $18 - $20 per hour.
- Triage, interpret and input orders into computerized med order system while meeting accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy. Audits input versus documentation and makes corrections as needed
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling, sorting and verifying information
- Ensures completion of necessary information from entry sheets, electronic orders and medication orders for data entry and account setup in dispensing system. Review and route documents to appropriate department(s)
- Verify payers and demographic information. Where applicable, fill in gaps in demographic information. Ability to research payer benefits and provide residents with information regarding covered and cost-effective alternatives as appropriate
- Working knowledge of drug reimbursement procedures (i.e. benefit investigations, prior authorizations and letters of medical necessity)
- Resolve denials identified through adjudication and follow-up on claims in point of sale (POS)
- Maintain current knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare D claim regulations and processes
- Be willing to obtain out of state technician licensure/registration as deemed necessary
- Works with responsible parties, receiving in/out bound telephone calls, clarifies and resolves invoice related inquiries and credit limits
- Works with Pharmacy Directors, and Client Billing Services Offices (CBSO) to resolve customer concerns/issues
- Works with associates in other functional areas, account management representatives and regional operations to resolve customer service problems
- Performs customer satisfaction calls as needed. Provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers in accordance with Company values
- Works with other functional areas to resolve customer problems, document problems in designated database, and notify appropriate parties of what action(s) need to be taken
- Works under immediate supervision and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Perform related clerical duties and other tasks as assigned
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required: One-year experience in data entry
- Required: One-year experience in customer service
- Required: One-year experience in retail pharmacy
- Desired: Experience with admissions and collections
- Required: Ability to communicate effectively. Skilled in operating a computer. Skilled in performing detailed work
- Required: State registered/licensed Pharmacy Technician
- Desired: National PTCB certification
- Required: Detail orientation; Organization and Planning
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com
. Follow us on Facebook
, and LinkedIn
Additional Job Information
The pay range for this position is $18 - $20 per hour.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.