Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
This position requires a CA Pharmacy Tech license and at least 6 months of IV Tech experience.
- May be responsible for cleaning and maintaining Sterile Compounding room and QA as per USP 797 guidelines for a high-risk pharmacy and state law as directed by supervisor.
- Works under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, fills prescriptions and prepares Sterile Compounding according to standards of quality, customer service, productivity guidelines and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Knowledge of Long-Term Care and Alere high risk pregnancy medications.
- May be responsible for staging, preparing, filling orders for residents at long term care facilities.
- Responsible for staging, preparing, filling orders for Alere, high-risk pregnant women.
- May be responsible for compounding Sterile Compounding orders and syringes for Alere in a Class 100 clean room including compounding medications from non-sterile powders as directed by Pharmacists, IV Supervisor, and/or Director of Pharmacy.
- May be responsible for data entry and to assist pharmacist with calling nursing home and/or Alere for refill orders.
- Responsible for maintaining, cleaning and accountability of pumps.
- Responsible for filing, answering phones, and stocking areas in the IV department as appropriate and as directed by supervisor.
- Works with Lead IV Technician in maintaining a clean/safe work environment, checking equipment for calibration, safety, and cleanliness.
- Responsible for replenishment and maintenance of Emergency Drug Kits (EDK) provided to Long Term Care Facilities.
- Responsible for communicating with Pharmacist or Supervisor, or Lead Technician with any concerns regarding USP 797 and Operations.
- May be responsible for shipping and tracking Alere packages through overnight 3rd party logistics company.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months - 1 year of IV pharmacy technician experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Licenses/Certifications: As required by state regulations.
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com
. Follow us on Facebook
, and LinkedIn
Additional Job Information
Must be available to work a rotating schedule.
The schedule rotates.
Includes week-end/holiday rotations.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.