Are you driven to serve and help others in your community? Caregivers and Direct Support Professionals (DSP) are the heart of our company with their compassion, dependability, and care. If you want to make an impact by helping people live their best life, read more below and apply today!
- Provides direct care and supervision to individuals enrolled in day support program. Provides input and supervision for all behavior management plans, respects and understands the rights of people supported, ensures safety, recognizes individual needs and encourages independence to people supported with developmental disabilities and/or other related disorders
- Assists people supported with activities planned and implemented according to written and approved plans, including but not limited to skill building activities such as arts and crafts, technology skills, board games, and other such activities that are included in the individual’s plan of support Assistance will be provided during all community engagement outings
- Drives people supported to community engagement activities as needed
- Maintains records in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to: service delivery, progress notes, change in health and emotional condition or other significant events
- May assist people supported with medication or assists or supervises people supported who self-administer medication. Completes medication records and counts
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the people supported. Performs general housekeeping and teaches/supports client to perform housekeeping
- Completes all trainings including new hire, on the job and annual trainings within the designated timeframe
- Understands and follows proper physical safety and emergency protocols
- Completes all documentation accurately and timely
- Understands and utilizes adaptive equipment including wheelchairs and walkers
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma. Exceptions to educational requirements must comply with state law and regulations
- Experience providing services and support to individuals with developmental disabilities, or related disorders preferred
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years
- Valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record, as defined by Company vehicle policy
- Must meet all agency requirements for pre-employment as required by Company and/or State regulations
- Must be able to use a computer for accessing company documentation systems
- Ability to communicate verbal and written with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of working responsibly with highly confidential information
- Potential travel for Community Engagement Activities
About our Line of Business
ResCare Residential Services has four decades of experience in the disability services field, providing support to individuals who need assistance with daily living due to an intellectual, developmental or cognitive disability. Our community living services are provided with several thousand programs and a comprehensive range of high-quality services, including: community living, adult host homes for individuals regardless of disability, behavioral/mental health support, in-home pharmacy solutions, telecare and remote support, supported employment and training programs, foster care and day programs. Our affiliates include Brightway Community Living and A Place To Call Home, among others. For more information, please visit www.rescare.com/residential-services
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
iCIMS Application FAQs
BrightSpring Health Services, and our family of brands, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the BrightSpring Disabilities Support Team at 1-833-773-7240 or contact us
Equal Opportunity Employment Posters
for additional FAQ information.